Basic plastometer for the determination of the melt index in thermoplastic materials by the gravimetric method.
- Gravimetric method.
- Automatic sample cutting.
- PID temperature controller (holding ± 0.1ºC).
- Programmer of time and number of cutting cycles.
- Equipment prepared to work with corrosive materials such as PVC.
- The kit includes all working and cleaning tools, piston and standard nozzle.
- Standard temperature range up to +325 ºC (*) with resolution of ± 0.1ºC.
- Digital stopwatch with a range of up to 9999 seconds.
- 7 Chromed and polished weights included in the standard supply: 1.2 Kg – 2.16 Kg – 3.8 Kg – – 5 Kg – 5 Kg – 6.6 and 10 Kg (The weight of 21.6 kg is achieved by combining the weights of 5kg, 6.6kg and 10kg).
- The placement of the weights on the piston is manual.
- To calculate the Melt Index in the MFI-100 model, it is necessary to weigh the extruded material with a resolution of 0.001 g, so we recommend using a precision balance.
- CE marked.
Processing of thermoplastic raw materials:
- polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polybutylene (PB), polystyrene (PS), polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA),polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), Teflon (or polytetrafluoroethylene, PTFE), nylon (polyamide type).
- Plastic pipes – textile fibers – joints – containers – ropes, packaging – furniture – auto parts – aeronautics – toys – medical prosthetics – construction.
ASTM D1238, DIN 1133, EN 1133, ISO 1133, UNE 1133.